Friday, October 29, 2010

A week on the 100 meter diet - Day 5

Breakfast : 2 red currant muffins with yogurt and a tall glass of goat milk.

These muffins are going fast!

Having them around means I can get a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning since I don't have to get up and make something to eat. I appreciate those mornings.

The rest of the day was a bit hectic so I wasn't able to get any pictures of my lunch and dinner.


Lunch: I had the last of my egg noodles with goat meat, potatoes and onions. A slice of anglefood cake for dessert.

I'm surprised the anglefood cake has lasted this long. The kids are in the habit of asking if things are "100 meter" ... they don't want to eat too much of 'my' food even though I encourage it.

Dinner: 2 chicken drum sticks with potatoes, butternut squash and a side of pickled zucchini. A big glass of cold milk to was it all down.

My wife cooked up one of our summer roosters. He was fairly scrawny but decently tender. Chicken will be on the menu for a few days until it's all gone.

As usual, my night time snack consisted of a couple more muffins. Like I said at the beginning .... the muffins aren't going to last very long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment