Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A week on the 100 meter diet - Day 3

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with some red currant jam and a large glass of goat milk.

We have two red currant bushes on our property that produce a bountiful supply of red currants every year.

We've created a tradition with some friends of ours where we supply the red currants and they lend a helping hand to turn the currants into jam or jelly. We share the spoils between us.


Lunch: 2 fried egg sandwiches.

A very boring lunch, I admit, but I'm fine with that.

Dinner: A Hungarian inspired dish (which I can't spell). Fried egg noodles, potatoes, onions and goat meat. I had a glass of goat milk and more anglefood cake for dessert.

This is one of the simplest
and most delicious dishes that I know. My wife makes it from time to time but instead of goat meat she uses bacon.

You simply chop and fry some onions and then add some cubed potatoes, cooked egg noodles and salt and pepper to taste. I have enough leftovers for two more meals.

For my night time snack I had 2 goat yogurts and a glass of milk.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like some pretty good eating. I'm going to try to take some pictures and post of recipe on our blog for buttermilk bread (you can make buttermilk with vinegar and goat milk). It's a great bread for colder weather. It's a heavier bread and great toasted with jams.

    ReplyDelete