Thursday, August 12, 2010

The 100 Mile Challenge

Barb and I came across the show The 100 Mile Challenge on TV last night. The show is on GlobalTV at 10 PM EST on Wednesdays. You can find more information here.

We had not heard about the show before but the title alone was enough to peak our interest so we happily watched.

The families on the program are participating in a challenge to source and eat food that is produced within 100 miles of Mission, B.C. Last night was episode 2 in the 6 part series. I could relate to many of the emotions and situations the family's found themselves faced with. I loved and shared the family's sense of adventure and discovery and I especially liked seeing their appreciation for locally grown food begin to develop.

Barb and I will be regular viewers for the remaining 4 episodes ... I hope you'll tune in with us. You can watch the episodes online via the link above if you would like to catch up.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The show is based on the book the 100 Mile Diet by Alisa Smith. If you haven't read it you definitely should!

    ReplyDelete