Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tonight's menu

Tonight's meal was a nice one. Goat burger on a toasted pita and topped with feta and lettuce. I had left over sauteed yellow zucchini on the side. It was really good.

I'm really taking a shine to feta because it brings a fantastic flavour to such a simple meal. Before I make some more feta though I'm going to take a stab at making yogurt. I'm adding yogurt starter to my grocery list because so many of the more complex cheeses call for yogurt. I never knew that when I started my diet. I'm learning a lot on this diet and I expect that will continue.

Just to keep everyone up to date on my fibre intake ... last night Barb made red currant muffins using spelt flour. Each muffin should have about 4 grams of fibre. I've eaten more than my share in the past 24 hours. Barb saves the day ... again. Thanks Hun.

No comments:

Post a Comment