Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ouch

This week got off to a rough start. Delilah broke her horn and that got us worrying about how we could help her recover. She didn't like all the attention and she went to great lengths to avoid us. She appears to be doing ok now and she's slowly returning to her normal personality. She doesn't have a role to play in my diet but we are hoping to milk her when she gets older so we'd hate to lose her.

I also had a bit of a melt down earlier in the week because I was having a difficult time getting motivated to prepare foods in the evening. Last week was very productive ... this week less so. Delilah's broken horn was certainly weighing heavily on my mind and I simply hit the 'food prep wall'. Going forward I will need to have more meals frozen and ready to heat up so I don't have to spend time in the kitchen if I need a break.

I also have to admit that I could use some more variety beyond yellow zucchinis. I have been freezing bags and bags of sliced zucchini for the past few days ... I will enjoy them in the winter but for now I wouldn't mind a few tomatoes. A couple tomatoes are starting to turn a wee bit pink so we're getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment