Monday, July 12, 2010

Annual pig roast weekend

We hosted our annual pig roast this past weekend. Approximately 85 of our friends, family and neighbours came over on Saturday to enjoy a pot luck dinner. We look forward to this weekend every year and we are so thankful to everyone for making the trip out to our home.

On Friday night we had a small party so we could start off the weekend with some fun and laughter. Everyone there knew about this blog and they wanted to create a unique picture for this update. The picture you see is of one of our recently hatched chicks that was brought in to the house for a late night photo shoot.

I enjoyed talking to a lot of different people about my diet. They had a lot of questions like .... Why I was doing it .... How was I feeling ....
How do I find the time? It was wonderful to have everyone express such true interest in what I am doing. I was humbled and inspired. My answers were the same for everyone .... I'm doing this because I can .... I feel great and this doesn't take as much time as you think ... I often eat very simply without much preparation. A number of couples want to schedule a visit that includes a goat milking session followed by cheese making lesson and then a dinner. We haven't set a date yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Of course I had to create a new rule for the diet so I could eat the pig roast. The new rule is that I can now eat anything that I spend six hours barbecuing ;)

Everyone brought such lovely dishes to the pot luck. I was planning on trying many of them but in the end I stuck with my diet except for a small side of sauerkraut .... mmmm sauerkraut.

Thanks again to everyone that came to the pig roast and to those that we missed ..... we hope to see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment