Thursday, July 15, 2010

The garden is kicking in

The garden is producing a good supply of cucumbers, onions and zucchini which we're enjoying daily. Last night we had barbecued zucchini with a simple cucumber salad made with yogurt, salt and vinegar. Simple meals are so very delicious. You can focus on the tastes and appreciate what you are eating easily - it's wonderful.

We have dozens of green tomatoes on the vine but so far none of them want to be the first to turn red. While we wait for the tomatoes I've been making some pickles for winter and as soon as my green peppers are ready I'm going to make a couple of jars of a simple cucumber relish with peppers. That will go well with my Lilly burgers :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the simple meals being the best.

    I have flowers on some of my tomato plants but no sign of fruit yet.

    Greg usually works one day a week for Brenda so we get a steady supply of salad and cooking greens and even a small box of strawberries on my birthday which went perfectly with my angel food cake and whip cream!

    ReplyDelete