Friday, December 31, 2010

End of December Update

I skimmed through my entire blog over the holidays to remind myself why I started this diet and to recall exactly what I've experienced up to today. The blog serves as an excellent diary. I have certainly come a long way.

In my very first blog post I wrote that I expected to achieve more than a few goals from this journey ...

1) lose a few pounds by cutting out the unhealthy food I eat
2) expand my recipe list (a must if I want to stay sane while eating the same foods over and over again) and
3) achieve greater independence from the food market that includes so much pre-packaged, over processed, foods

Here I am at the end of 2010 and I believe that I've exceeded all of those goals and then some.

1) my current weight is 157 pounds which is down 39 pounds from the start of the diet
2) I now make soups, stews, noodles, ravioli, angle food cake, breads, crackers, various cheeses and many more things ... all from scratch
3) other than flour, sugar, vinegar, oil and a few other supplies .... I don't buy anything else. I create very little waste and almost 100% of the waste I do produce is recycled or composted.

I was considering introducing a few new goals but I've decided that I don't need to. The 100 meter diet is what it is .... self sufficiency on a sustainable basis. Everything else I want to achieve or explore falls under the "plus more" part of the blog's title.

So heading into 2011 you can expect more posts on sustainable living as well as more "plus more".

Wishing you a very happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I just admire and enjoy your blog ever so much! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete