Monday, December 6, 2010

Busy .... with no time to blog ....

I've been finding it extremely difficult to devote any time to blogging lately. You may have already noticed. But rest assured I'm still here and still on the diet.

I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen trying out new recipes. Here's a quick update on what I've been making.....

I'm not a big fan of liver but since I have 2 pounds of it in the freezer I have to do something with it. So the other day I whipped up a quick goat liver curry. I was surprised that it turned out quite nice. It won't make my list of top 10 favourite meals but it was a nice change.

I used goat liver, onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, cloves, paprika, garam masala, turmeric, and cinnamon.

This past weekend I revisited the wonderful cream cheese recipe I made a few weeks ago. Same results .... amazing flavour! I used 2 liters of goat milk and I get 1 liter of whey (I save for making pitas) and the rest is a creamy, tasty cream cheese.

Since I now had a good supply of cream cheese I started to get a craving for some fresh bagels. My niece has a simple recipe that makes 32 snack size bagels. I borrowed the recipe and made 16 bagels instead of 32 (bigger is better, right?).

They turned out more like buns than bagels so we called them bungles.

They taste like bagels ... soft and chewy. I ate the first 5 'bungles' and cream cheese in less than 15 minutes. The craving was that intense.

Recently I also took a stab at making some goat meat ravioli. I simply used ground goat meat with various spices to taste. Nothing fancy but boy is it delicious.

What I didn't eat immediately went into the freezer. It comes in handy for a quick and easy meal. I'll definitely be making this again soon.

You can see that I'm starting to branch out a little bit by taking on new recipes. I have to keep things interesting or I'm going to go crazy on this diet. If you have any suggestions on what I should try next please let me know! I'm always looking for my next favourite meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment