Monday, November 1, 2010

End of October update

I find it hard to believe that I've only completed 5 months on the 100 meter diet. It feels like a lot longer and I'm starting to think that I should have made this a 6 month challenge instead of a full year :)

Even with my continued effort to take in more calories I still ended up losing 2 more pounds. I'm now down to 156 pounds bringing my total weight loss up to 40 pounds.

The weight loss is certainly slowing down but I would like to see it stop all together. I hope that in November I see my weight stabilize so I don't have to consider any changes to my rules. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Even while I'm still slowly shrinking the farm is slowly expanding. We picked up this little guy yesterday. He's a young billy goat (an Alpine / Toggenburg cross). He was advertised as being 8 months old but I suspect he's likely only around 5 months.

He's very skittish and nervous but I'm sure he'll settle in quickly. The hope is that he matures quickly and will be able to father our next batch of kids. We'll see ...

By the way, we decided to name him Donkey because we thought he looked more like a donkey than a goat.

Welcome to the homestead Donkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment