Thursday, November 25, 2010

100 meter cheesecake

I've been so extremely busy this past week that I haven't had a chance to do any blogging. But late last night Barb baked me a 100 meter cheesecake that turned out so spectacularly good that I just had to tell you about it.

Barb bakes a mean cheesecake so when she gets going I simply get out of her way and let her weave her magic. Here's what I saw her do ....

Ingredients:

2 cups fresh goat cream cheese
1 cup sugar with a dash of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 fresh eggs
2 cups goat yogurt
1/4 cup of goat butter
1 1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs


Obviously the graham cracker crumbs aren't 100 meter diet compliant but it's such a small violation of the rules that we'll let it slide ;)

Normally Barb would use sour cream instead of yogurt but the substitution worked well in this recipe.

She mixed the butter and the graham cracker crumbs together and lined the cake pan with them. She used beaters to mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Like a kid, I got to lick the beaters .... Mmmm, I knew this was going to be good.

Next she folded in the yogurt and poured the entire mixture into the graham cracker shell. She placed the cake pan in the oven and baked it for 1 hour at 350 F. After the hour was up she turned the heat up to 425 F for about 15 minutes.

I feel absolutely spoiled. She's such a great baker ... thanks Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment