Sunday, September 19, 2010

Goat stew

We're having several friends over for a visit next weekend and I plan to serve them this simple goat stew as part of our lunch.

I love making stews because you can forget the measurements and simply throw in whatever you have around. For this stew I'm using goat meat, potatoes, butternut squash, onions, dried peas and then some fresh oregano, basil and rosemary. I started the base with some frozen chicken stock and I added salt and pepper to taste.

With the colder weather here this stew is getting a lot of use. It's simple, quick and hits the spot.

Our guests are also coming down to experience a day living on the 100 meter diet. I hope to walk them through how to make cheese, pita bread and egg noodles.

I've been making a lot of cheese lately so I can practice my technique. I've come along way but in order to improve the taste of my cheese I've ordered some cheese cultures that should arrive this week. I hope the cultures take my cheese to the next level ... we'll see.

2 comments: