Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall Fair King and Queen

Our local fall fair was held this past weekend and we entered our Silkies in the best rooster and best hen competitions. There were about 4 or 5 chickens competing in each category so our Silkies really had to wow the judges if they wanted to win.

In the end our Silkie rooster won first place by a country mile.


Unfortunately our hen had a poor showing in the swimsuit competition and had to settle for second place.

So what type of prizes do they award for best rooster and second best hen? A whopping $3 and $2 respectively ..... which conveniently equals the price of an adult admission to the fair! Woo hoo!

All kidding aside, we had a great time at the fair. It was fun seeing people checking out our chickens and some of them were even taking pictures. Many of the people had never seen Silkies before so we were happy to give them the opportunity.

I wonder if we can charge more for our eggs now? Maybe $2.51 per dozen instead of $2.50 ... lol.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 1st and 2nd place win , they're beautiful silkies. I've been reading your blog for awhile , but I've never left a comment. I've enjoyed following you as you embarq on your 100 meter diet , I've thought about trying something like that , so maybe next year I'll give it a try. For now , I'm enjoying your journey.

    ~ Farm Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JoyceAnn - Thanks for the comments. I'm glad to read that you are enjoying following my blog. I am biased, of course, but I encourage you to give the diet a try. I'm enjoying almost every aspect of the 100 meter diet .... It's worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete