Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My version of fast food

I was working outside this morning and when I came in for lunch I didn't have anything pre made and ready to eat.

There was some thawed goat meat in the fridge, and since my hunger wasn't overpowering, I decided to make a nice noodle dish.

I quickly cubed the goat meat and fried it up with some onions and various spices to make a tasty meat and gravy sauce. Very simple and quick.

As the sauce simmered I started making the fresh egg noodles. I added some garlic powder and pepper to spice it up a bit.

Normally I let the dough sit for a little while before I roll it out, but the smell of the meat sauce was spurring on my hunger, so I kept on moving.


Roll, cut and boil ... as quick as I could.

Et voilĂ ! It took 64 minutes from walking in the door to sitting down to eat .... that includes the time it took me to decide what to eat and to clean up from being outside.

On the 100 meter diet that's considered fast food!

A year ago I couldn't have whipped something like this up so quickly .... and have it taste good at the same time!

I love what this diet has transformed me into ... I'm no chef but I'm no slouch either. I can hold my own in the kitchen ... I'm proud of that.

3 comments:

  1. : )

    Good for you all around.

    Really if you figured out how long it would take to decide where to go, travel to a fast food restaurant, order, and sit down it probably wouldn't be all that much faster...not to mention a lot of other factors which are so much better about your version of fast food.

    Is it strange that I don't even know you and I am proud of you? You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth ... I don't think that's strange. I just got caught up on your blog and I'm proud of you for trying fresh dandelions this spring. That made me smile ;)

    ReplyDelete