Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm back in the groove

I picked a few pink tomatoes the other day and put them in a paper bag to ripen. I only had 2 small ones ready so I could only make this small gazpacho soup. This will be a family favourite someday. Barb and I love it already ... We're working on the kids.

The recipe is simple and it's best to make it up and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before you serve it. You can also add 2 cloves of garlic and some celery if you wish. I added crumbled feta over mine and you couldn't have bought the bowl from me ... it was that good.

2 large tomatoes
1 large cucumber
1 medium onion
1 medium green or red pepper
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp tobasco
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper


Besides the gazpacho soup I've also been busy in the kitchen making feta, mozzarella, pickled zucchini, cucumber pickles, zucchini
pancakes as well as baking some bread. I don't normally get this much made during a weekend but Daniel and I are on our own and he likes helping in the kitchen so it worked out well.

I'm happy to report that I dug up my first 3 potatoes yesterday. It looks like I'll have a decent yield from the potato patch - that's encouraging.

Tonight I'm simply going to boil these potatoes and serve them with fresh butter and chives. Mmmmm .....

No comments:

Post a Comment