Monday, January 31, 2011

End of January Update

Only four months separate me from the end of the 100 meter diet. I find that both extremely exciting and incredibly frightening.

I'm excited because I can clearly see the finish line and I'm confident that I can make the final few months without much trouble. I know what I'm doing, why I'm doing it and I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm frightened because I don't know if I want the diet to end. Why would I choose to leave my personal Shangri-La? I've put in such a tremendous effort to get where I am today that it doesn't feel right to stop. I didn't foresee the impact this diet would have on me.

I'm not going to make any hasty decisions. After all, I do have four months left to think about it. There are pros and cons to whichever choice I make. I know that this diet will be a hard habit to break.

Now back to the update ... I'm happy to announce that I actually put on a few pounds this month. I'm now at 159 pounds. I atttribute the weight gain to all the pies my wife has been making me. I haven't become tired of butternut squash pie yet and I simply love it when she makes me a 100 meter cheesecake.

I have one other announcement to make ... we think that Lucy is pregnant. It appears as though she is starting to 'show' but unfortunately we don't have any clue when she might be due. The father, little Donkey, is less than half Lucy's size and he really had a difficult time with the height difference. It appears as though he worked things out - good for him!

On a related note, Lucy's milk production plummeted at the end of January so we've stopped milking her so she can focus all of her energy on her pregnancy. I have over 30 liters of milk in the freezer which I'm saving for making yogurt and cheeses. That means I'm down to only drinking water now. That will be an interesting challenge all on it's own!

No comments:

Post a Comment