Saturday, March 27, 2010

Busy night

I love Friday nights because I always feel energized to 'make some stuff'. The kids watched a movie tonight so I took advantage of the empty kitchen to make two loaves of bread, a batch of egg noodles and then an anglefood cake. It takes the pressure off the rest of the weekend since I get something done right off the bat.

I start off with the bread since it needs time to rise. While it's rising I make the egg noodles.

If you're interested here is the egg noodle recipe I follow:

2 cups white flour (or 1 cup white flour + 1 cup durum semolina flour)
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1/2 cup water (approximately)

Mix everything together and knead for 10 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes. I then divide the dough in to 2 or 3 smaller balls and then roll and cut in to strips. Lay the strips on newspaper and then after about 20 minutes twist the noodles (optional).

It takes about 2 batches of egg noodles before you have enough egg whites to make anglefood cake. I freeze the egg whites until I have about 1.5 cups. I'll post my anglefood recipe another day. I'm still trying to perfect the recipe.

After the bread is done and the egg noodles are drying I throw the anglefood cake in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment